How to Play the Game of Thrones Drinking Game
It’s finally back! Season 7 of Game of Thrones airs on Sunday, July 16th and we couldn’t be more excited. If you’re like us, you may get together with some friends and watch each episode over the next several weeks. Why not break out a drink and turn it into a drinking game! This show is way too epic to watch without a chalice of wine in your hand. And, what’s the point in holding a drink if you’re not playing an awesome drinking game? So here we have it, our favorite way to play the Game of Thrones drinking game.
Players: 1+ players
Required Supplies: Drinks
Game of Thrones Drinking Game Rules:
If you want to catch up on the first six seasons of Games of Thrones you can purchase a box set on Amazon. Give our drinking game a try with the earlier seasons so that your prepared for the new episodes each week.
Everyone must sing the “Game of Fuckin’ Thrones” song during the intro, and anyone who doesn’t know it must finish their drink. It seems like a harsh first rule, but honestly who doesn’t know it?
- You must match the characters drink for drink – when someone drinks in the show, you must drink too.
- If someone says “King of the North”, you all have to shout “King of the North!” and take a drink.
- If someone says “Winter is Coming”, you all must repeat it solemnly and take a drink.
- Take a drink every time somebody dies, and finish your drink if there’s a mass killing.
- Finish your drink if one of the main characters is killed.
- Finish your drink every time someone falls in love with Daenerys
Take a drink every time:
- Someone is tortured.
- You see the Iron Throne or someone says ‘Iron Throne’
- You see boobs.
- Incest is brought up or is shown.
- Someone says ‘The night is dark and full of terrors’.
- A direwolf appears in a scene.
- The Hound says something dope as fuck
- Tyrion says something sarcastic
Take a sip every time:
- There’s a dragon
- Someone pulls out a sword
- White Walkers appear
- Someone says ‘a Lanister always pays his debts’
- You get confused.
The final and most important rule:
Finish all your drinks if someone is actually declared the winner of the Game of Thrones!
We hope you like it, and we hope this show goes on for another 7 amazing seasons!
You can also check out our:
Exploring the depths of a full mug of the good stuff and the vast possibilities of a new drinking game. The Pioneer is one of the original founders of the Drinking and Stuff website.